Avery Depot

Avery Depot
It took very long to build, but now it is nearly ready - the depot!

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012

Mark January 6th, 2012 17:17

This is the exact minute, the last tracks of the old Milwaukee Road layout of St Pauls Pass came up. Ironically, it was also the track last laid - the spur to the US Hanford Works Nuclear Waste site which has only seen one train in it's whole "life", as we discovered that the huge nuclear waste flask did not fit very well into St Pauls Pass tunnel.

But that is history now. All tracks and benchwork are gone, just a bit of the background is left to remove during the next worksession. What is seen in this photo ist how the room is looking without the layout (obviously) In the left corner the background is where the station of Roland, Idaho was located.
On the ground in the center is a hodgepodge of wiring - every cable that was there under the layout has been salvaged and will be used again. A lonely fast-clock on the wall at left is awaiting it's fate.

The second photo shows the other corner, looking towards the windows. You can see the curtains and the deteriorating plasterwork on the wall. It's where the wall faces the street above. Unfortunately there is no cure for water sipping in as the insulation from 1909 is long gone.

The next step will be to remove what is left of the background and making room for the central part of the new multi-level layout.



3 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Michael, I've been following your blog for about a year. I am an N scaler, and a fan of the Milwaukee Road (although I model the Western Pacific). I will be living in Vienna for the next five months (March-July). Even though I'm too late to see your old layout, I'm always happy to help with even the 'dirty work' of layout building. So please contact me if you're interested in meeting and talking trains. (I subscribed to your blog, so I think you have access to my email address). Best Regards, Jeff Welter

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Jeff, seems that my message did not reach you. Unfortunately, I did not get you eMail address. So for if you want to reach me you'll have to send me an eMail!

    have fun!
    Michael

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Michael,

    Sorry about that - you can email me directly at ahkbar@hotmail.com

    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jeff

    AntwortenLöschen