Avery Depot

Avery Depot
It took very long to build, but now it is nearly ready - the depot!

Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010

What is it all about

Shall we daresay it? We play with trains! Yes, and we enjoy it. But who is "we", anyway? And where and how is it?

 This is a blog about a N scale layout, American style, but in the middle of Europe. Time permitting I will post about the history, the operating sessions and the people behind it.

It all started in 1992 when I finished computer programmer school and started a "career" in IT, where I still work. Albeit the days as a computer programmer are long over, I still like to do a little programming and so choose JMRI as the program of choice for operation of the signals and turnouts.

It was a personal project in the beginning, so the first 10 years I did everything by myself. I renovated the cellar and put a concrete floor into it (this is a sidestory, to be told later - the fact that I did not do the whole floor at once brought a severe crisis years later), erected the benchwork and laid track. This was accomplished by 2001. In 2003 it was all electrified and I started to invite a few friends and my older children to join me on the first operating session. By that time I had bought an Intellibox (by Uhlenbrock) and started to convert to DCC.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen